When faced with the task of removing stubborn grime and scuff marks, I always reach right for my box of magic erasers. They are truly one of my favorite cleaning tools! In fact, I love them so much that I’ve already written a full blog post on ways to use magic erasers (which you can check out at the link below!)
Despite already having written a post about magic erasers, that doesn’t mean I’m all out of things to say about them! So today we’ll be exploring even more things you can clean with magic erasers around the house. But before we get to those, I thought it would be helpful to share a few quick tips about using magic erasers in general. These tips will help you no matter what you end up cleaning with your magic erasers! 🙂
My Top 3 Tips For Using Magic Erasers
- Cut them into smaller pieces. Magic erasers wear out with each use, so cutting them into pieces is a great way to make each eraser last as long as possible. I cut each magic eraser into at least four pieces, but occasionally as many as eight depending on what I’m cleaning!
- Always add water. You should always dampen a magic eraser before using it. They aren’t meant to be used dry!
- Wear gloves. Magic erasers act like superfine sandpaper to scrub away gunk and grime. But it can also take a toll on your hands if you’re not careful! So it’s always a good idea to wear cleaning gloves when cleaning with magic erasers.
7 Brilliant Uses For Magic Erasers
1. Clean Your Phone Case
A magic eraser makes the perfect tool for cleaning your smartphone’s case! (For tips about cleaning your phone itself, check out this post.) A magic eraser will make short work of dust, grime, and scuff marks on your phone case, leaving it looking brand new!
2. Clean Your Shower Curtain Liner
You don’t have to replace your shower curtain liner every time you notice some mildew. Just use a magic eraser to quickly remove those mildew spots! You can extend the lifespan of your shower curtain liner dramatically using this simple tip.
3. Clean Your Hair Tools
Hot hair tools like flat irons and curling irons tend to get grimy over time due to product buildup. But you can use a magic eraser to get rid of that grimy buildup and restore your hair tools to their formerly clean state!
4. Remove Nail Polish Spills
Spilled some nail polish on your table or countertop? Use a magic eraser to get rid of the polish! This can be a real life-saver in the event of a potentially catastrophic nail polish spill!
5. Remove Pet Marks From Glass
Have a glass door or window that is covered in your dog’s paw prints and nose prints? Use a magic eraser to quickly remove those marks! It’s quicker and easier than using glass cleaner.
6. Remove Permanent Marker
To clean up a food container or food storage bag that was written on with permanent marker, use a magic eraser to remove the marker. Then you can re-label the container without getting confused about what’s actually in there!
7. Clean Your Microwave
Even the most stubborn spills and splatters in your microwave are no match for a magic eraser. Use one to wipe down every surface inside your microwave, and it’ll be looking shiny and clean in no time!
What do you use magic erasers to clean most often?