We’ve had quite the full house for the past several weeks, which has been a positive experience for the most part! I’ve been enjoying being able to spend so much time with my kids, but having a full house isn’t without its challenges, like my never-ending battle against stale and stuffy air!
I try to keep my home as clean and inviting as possible, and the way the air smells is a big part of that. Stale air can also indicate the presence of dust, allergens, pollutants, and other impurities.
So if you’ve been struggling with stale air while staying home recently, you’re not alone! You’re also not without help, because today I’ll be sharing a simple solution to clean the air in your home.
But before we get to that, it’s important to understand why simply reaching for an air freshener spray isn’t such a good idea!
The Problem With Air Fresheners
Many commercial air freshener sprays contain chemicals that have been linked to all sorts of health problems. A 2007 review from the Natural Resources Defense Council found that 12 out of the 14 popular air fresheners they evaluated contained hormone-disrupting phthalates.
And considering that air fresheners do little more than cover up unpleasant smells, using them in your home just doesn’t seem worth the risk!
The Easy & Natural Way To Clean The Air In Your Home
Luckily for us, there’s no reason to bother with air fresheners at all when you have an essential oil diffuser! Diffusing essential oils is an easy way to cleanse the air of things you’d rather not be breathing.
A 2018 review suggests that certain essential oils, including clove, oregano, and lemon, can have an anti-fungal effect on air quality. That’s part of the reason why I use my Defend essential oil blend in my diffuser so frequently!
In addition to clove, oregano, and lemon oils, Defend blend also contains cinnamon, lime, eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint, and spearmint oils. Many of these oils have cleansing effects and can help soothe respiratory issues, making it a great option for cleaning your air.
Defend blend is available in both a standard 15ml bottle and in a 10 ml Roll-On bottle. You can also get it in the Immunity Kit, which features a 15ml bottle of Defend, the 10 ml Defend Roll-On, and a diffuser too!
What Are People Saying About Defend?
I am working on a decluttering project at home. It is so hot and humid, in addition to the dust and grime. The Defend Blend is so energizing and refreshing and makes me feel cleaner.– Ruth
I absolutely love Defend! I use it to make homemade cleaners and homemade hand soap. It smells amazing! I feel that I am making a healthier choice for my family using this product.– Jennifer
When Should I Clean The Air?
There’s never a bad time to freshen up the air with essential oils, but here are a couple of situations where I find it particularly beneficial:
- While Cleaning – When I’m dusting and/or vacuuming, I hate the feeling that I’m kicking up a bunch of dust and grime into the air. Diffusing Defend, or any other oil for that matter, helps me breathe easy and it leaves my home smelling extra clean!
- While Driving – Sometimes the air in my car feels less than fresh, whether it’s because it needs a good vacuuming or because I’m driving through truck exhaust on the highway. That’s why I keep my favorite car diffuser handy! (No diffuser? No problem! Check out these easy DIY options.)
Bonus Tip: Keep The Door Open!
- Whenever you’re using a diffuser in a small room, it’s important to make sure the room is properly ventilated by keeping the door open or running a fan.
- This is especially important if you have pets, because their sensitive noses can be overwhelmed by the potent aromas of essential oils.
- So keep the room well-ventilated, and make sure your pets are free to leave the area if they want to.
What’s one way that you keep the air in your home clean?
Friends don’t let friends pay full price, which is why OGT readers always get 10% off at the By Jillee Shop!
Use coupon code below to get 10% off today’s order:
Want To Save Even More?
OGT Plus members save even more with 20% off their entire purchase, every time they shop! Not a member? Join OGT Plus today!)